How to "Bulletproof" Your Core and Pelvic Floor - 09:00 - 14:00hrs
(Seminar is from 9.30am-2.00pm)
$77 (incl GST) - OR $199 for BOTH seminars (usually $330 for 8hrs - this is a special only for Mackay)
Tel: 0412 920 194
Presenter: Antony Lo
Presenter: Danielle Bell
Assistant: Yousuf Syed
Why Should I Do This Seminar?
Firstly, I want to point out that it is RARE that I tell someone they have to stop training for anything!
- This seminar is about how to protect your core and pelvic floor, especially if you are a woman!
- I have seen and helped women who have had babies and those who haven't - this problem is not well known because it is socially awkward but wee need to educate everyone - female athletes, their coaches and males too!
- You want to come to this seminar because you know you should spend your precious spare time working on your weaknesses. You want to know how to develop the strength and control you need to ensure you minimize the risk of injury as much as possible. You want to know WHAT TO DO if you have a prolapse or stress urinary incontinence.
- There will be A LOT of educational material here...but in the end, it is about how to exercise and choose options safely.
- The beauty of this particular seminar is that we will make you examine your beliefs...and once they have be proven by fire (testing) or lie in tatters, we will show you the most effective way for you to develop the control and mastery over your core and pelvic floor so you can progress towards your CrossFit (or any other) goals.
Who is this for?
- Anyone and everyone who does exercise, particularly for CrossFit Athletes and coaches
- All health and fitness professionals are welcome (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Coaches, etc)
- ANYONE who wants to learn more about core stability and the pelvic floor, exercising with prolapse and stress urinary incontinence
What will I learn?
- The role of the pelvic floor in the body
- The "core stability" muscles of the trunk
- The issues women face with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (PFD)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (POP)
- Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
- How to train someone with PFD/POP/SUI
- A graded exercise program from very light and gentle contractions to heavy weights
- The risks and benefits of exercise
- Some myth busting about what you should and shouldn't do...
- How to get the BEST PERFORMANCE from using your Core and Pelvic Floor properly!
What is different to other seminars?
In this seminar, Danielle will be educating us on the pelvic floor and the variety of problems you need to know about. Antony will be outlining how you as an athlete, coach or health professional can assess and take action for your core and pelvic floor - the more you understand about yourself and how your upper body works, the better able you are to take care of yourself and others.
In other seminars, they show you how to do "core and pelvic floor" exercises to protect your back...
...this seminar includes the "why", the "how", as well as the principles of rehabilitation that Antony uses - the key difference is RESULTS - we can prove our way works, often immediately!
Antony and his team are only interested in solutions that work. We believe that for most things, you can tell after just 30secs whether something will help or not...we will show you how.
What is included?
- 4 hrs of information and practical instruction (9am registration, 9.30am to 2pm with a 30mins break for lunch at 11.30am)
- A colour handout with pictures and room for notes and a pen
- 30mins lunch break (Bring your own food)
- Lots of practical information - come prepared to exercise and sweat a bit!
How much does this all cost?
- $77 (usually $165) - all proceeds go towards the expenses for putting these seminars on. We decided to halve the price due to the situation in regional QLD and Mackay - we don't want you to miss out on this VITAL INFORMATION. If anyone wants to come but can't afford it, please contact us.
- $199 if you want to do BOTH the core/pelvic floor seminar on Saturday and the Bulletproof Your Body seminar on Sunday - book into a seminar and choose the $199 option. You can then book the other seminar and it will apply the rest of the credit to the seminar.
What else is on offer?
- 30mins and 60mins assessment with Antony: $90 and $180 - limited spots so book in as soon as possible - Click on the "Appointments" Tab to make a booking. Be sure to choose the "Mackay" option. For more information, please visit www.physiodetective.com/bookings
- Spikey ball: $20 - Please message me if you would like one
- Lacrosse ball: $7.50 - Please message me if you would like one
- Foam Rollers: $30 - Please message me if you would like one
- EZR: $45 - Find out more about The EZR at www.theezr.com - Please message me if you would like one
Please arrive at 9am to allow for time to register and prepare for the seminar
About CrossFit Mackay
CrossFit Mackay is a CrossFit training facility and licensed affiliate of CrossFit Inc. (crossfit.com). Being a licensed affiliate means that we are formally committed to achieving excellence in fitness training using the CrossFit method.If you are new to CrossFit, we will take it easy at the beginning and hold back the intensity until you get used to the training. Our experienced coaches will adapt the program to your individual needs, taking into account any injuries and your current level of fitness.The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs.Train hard, train together, get results! The training is hard and uncompromising, but you will be in the best shape of your life! The group working out together is an awesome feeling which gives out energy to you and other participants. It is a great feeling to have the support from other CrossFitters The group environment is competitive but friendly, and will push you to perform at your best.“CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program built on constantly varied, if not randomised, functional movements executed at high intensity.” - Founder Greg Glassman.
Book Seminar Here:
Appointments - Book now!
About Danielle Bell:
With a background in basketball, netball, swimming and waterpolo, Danielle has always had a keen eye for sports medicine. During her studies in Perth she was also intrigued with the field of women's health physiotherapy. She found the positive impact that lifestyle and specific exercise advice can make on clients' quality of life, to be very rewarding.
Danielle has a keen interest in Women's health and sports physiotherapy.
You can find Danielle at Active Physiotherapy in Mackay at www.activephysiomackay.com.au
Important Information For the Seminar:
10. If you have any dietary needs, please let me know by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or SMS me at 0410 440 50612. Please like our social media...