4/25 Mosey st,
Tel: 0407 080 618
What Is This Seminar About?
This seminar is about your Body...by the end of it, you will be much more aware of how to work these areas, strengthen and protect them!
Why Should I Come?
- You want to come to this seminar because you know you should spend your precious spare time working on your weaknesses.
- You want to know how to develop the strength and control you need to ensure you minimize the risk of injury as much as possible.You will have to stretch some muscles and joints.
- You will have to strengthen your muscles.
- You will need good control of your joints...but how do you know which ones to do? You don't have time to do them all - so which ones need work? This seminar is designed to answer that for you - how to identify your weaknesses, how to prioritize your accessory/rehab/remedial work and how to move more optimally.
- The beauty of this particular seminar is that we will make you examine your beliefs...and once they have be proven by fire or lie in tatters, we will show you the most effective way for you to develop the control and mastery over back and hips so you can progress towards your CrossFit (or any other) goals.
Who is this for?
- Anyone and everyone who does exercise, particularly for CrossFit Athletes and coaches
- All health and fitness professionals are welcome (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Coaches, etc)
What will I learn?
- How you and your health professional and coach should consider your body - as a well-oiled machine!
- Self-assessment for performance
- Mobility - what is it, why is it important and how do I get it?!
- Flexibility - what is it, why is it imporant and how do I combine it with mobility?
- Stability - what is it, why is it important and how do I combine it with mobility and Flexibility?
- Dissociation - what is it, why is it important and how does it relate to what I need to do in CrossFit?
- Injury prevention principles
- Exercises and drills on how to improve your mobility and stability for your back and hips
- How to plan your own rehab path with your health professional
- How to train with an injury and progress back to normal function
- How to overcome performance plateaus - breaking through to new Personal Bests/Records!
- Antony's thoughts, observations and experiences in treating elite athletes over the course of his career and how that applies to your training.
What is different to other seminars?
In this seminar, Antony will be outlining how you as an athlete, coach or health professional can assess and take action for your body - the more you understand about yourself and how your body works, the better able you are to take care of yourself and others.
In other seminars, they show you how to do "core" exercises to protect your back...
...this seminar includes the "why", the "how", as well as the principles of rehabilitation that Antony uses - the key difference is RESULTS - we can prove our way works!
Antony is only interested in solutions that work. We believe that for most things, you can tell after just 30secs whether something will help or not...we will show you how.
What is included?
- 8 hrs of information and practical instruction (8am to 5pm with 1hr break)
- A colour handout with pictures and room for notes and a pen
- The WODs are optional and can be scaled but we strongly suggest that everyone takes part in it as we look for how people move
- 1hr break
- Lots of practical information - come prepared to exercise and sweat a bit!
How much does this all cost?
$330 incl GST
What else is on offer?
- 30mins and 60mins assessment with Antony: $90 and $180 - limited spots so book in as soon as possible - Click on the "Appointments" Tab to make a booking. Be sure to choose the "CF Furnace - Perth" option. For more information, please visit www.physiodetective.com/bookings
- Spikey ball: $20 (please message me)
- Lacrosse ball: $7.50 (please message me)
- Foam Rollers: $30 (please message me)
- EZR: $45 - Find out more about The EZR (please message me)
Please arrive at 7.30am to allow for time to register and prepare for the seminar
As cliche as it sounds, our story is YOUR story, or more specifically the story of anyone who becomes a member at CrossFit Furnace.CrossFit has always been about the Community. This is why even though there are now thousands of CrossFit boxes around the world; each has its own unique product to offer, because what each is really offering is their community.We are a community that welcomes all members, whether you have never worked out before, or are a professional athlete. Our programming is a benefit to everyone regardless of fitness level. It works for those looking to perform better in their daily lives, lose weight and build their fitness and even those members of our society whose lives depend on personal fitness, our Military, Police, Fire and Emergency Services professionals.It has been a long journey leading up to the establishment of CrossFit Furnace, but we are extremely excited to become part of the CrossFit community here. We cannot wait to introduce ourselves to our community and be part of your journey.
1. There is assumed knowledge - this you tube video is the first 40mins of my old seminars - if you can watch it (a slide show presentation), it will be helpful. I am working on improving it to make it easier to watch in the future 🙂 http://youtu.be/n3a3naVTxIs
2. I will be available to see people from 3.30pm after the seminar. It is $90/30mins with me. You can book 30,60 or 90mins with us. All bookings are through www.physiodetective.com/bookings- read it, go to the online diary and make yourself a login. Then just choose the "CF Furnace - Perth" option and go from there.
3. There will be a WOD at 8am to start the seminar. Whilst this is optional, I do recommend that you come to do it because it will let us see how you move and we can begin to pick out the people who will be good models!
4. Please be prepared to be observed. That usually means guys will often have to take their shirt off or at least wear a singlet and shorts. Girls, if you could wear a crop top or singlet with shorts, that would be great - ideally not a bra that covers the spine between your shoulder blades please. Observing other people is the best way to learn...having said that, we won't force anyone to do anything they are not comfortable doing.
5. Lunch will NOT be provided. Please bring any snacks, drinks or supplements you need. The break will be from 12-1pm.
6. A set of colour notes will be provided and there should be pens for everyone. Please come prepared to write notes...there is a lot of information to digest and we have found that writing down the cues that worked for you is a good way of learning and working on your own plan
7. Whilst the seminar strives to address your issues, it does so in a general way. We will do our best to help you with your problems but ultimately, we can't go into as much detail as a full assessment - please be understanding about that.
8. Participation is the best way to learn. I will be calling for volunteers regularly so please be ready! I usually try to ask everyone to volunteer
9. We will be taking photos and videos during the seminar. If you do not want to be photographed or videoed, please let us know. We plan to use these to help promote future seminars and educate people via my blog. Please be assured that I don't ever ridicule people or their form but often phrase it as "Here is John Smith demonstrating "
10. If you have any dietary needs, please let me know by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or SMS me at 0410 440 506
12. Please like our social media...