What Is This Seminar About?
This seminar is about your Body...by the end of it, you will be much more aware of how to work these areas, strengthen and protect them!
Why Should I Come?
- You want to come to this seminar because you know you should spend your precious spare time working on your weaknesses.
- You want to know how to develop the strength and control you need to ensure you minimize the risk of injury as much as possible.You will have to stretch some muscles and joints.
- You will have to strengthen your muscles.
- You will need good control of your joints...but how do you know which ones to do? You don't have time to do them all - so which ones need work? This seminar is designed to answer that for you - how to identify your weaknesses, how to prioritize your accessory/rehab/remedial work and how to move more optimally.
- The beauty of this particular seminar is that we will make you examine your beliefs...and once they have be proven by fire or lie in tatters, we will show you the most effective way for you to develop the control and mastery over back and hips so you can progress towards your CrossFit (or any other) goals.
Who is this for?
- Anyone and everyone who does exercise, particularly for CrossFit Athletes and coaches
- All health and fitness professionals are welcome (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Coaches, etc)
What will I learn?
- How you and your health professional and coach should consider your body - as a well-oiled machine!
- Self-assessment for performance
- Mobility - what is it, why is it important and how do I get it?!
- Flexibility - what is it, why is it imporant and how do I combine it with mobility?
- Stability - what is it, why is it important and how do I combine it with mobility and Flexibility?
- Dissociation - what is it, why is it important and how does it relate to what I need to do in CrossFit?
- Injury prevention principles
- Exercises and drills on how to improve your mobility and stability for your back and hips
- How to plan your own rehab path with your health professional
- How to train with an injury and progress back to normal function
- How to overcome performance plateaus - breaking through to new Personal Bests/Records!
- Antony's thoughts, observations and experiences in treating elite athletes over the course of his career and how that applies to your training.
What is different to other seminars?
In this seminar, Antony will be outlining how you as an athlete, coach or health professional can assess and take action for your body - the more you understand about yourself and how your body works, the better able you are to take care of yourself and others.
In other seminars, they show you how to do "core" exercises to protect your back...
...this seminar includes the "why", the "how", as well as the principles of rehabilitation that Antony uses - the key difference is RESULTS - we can prove our way works!
Antony is only interested in solutions that work. We believe that for most things, you can tell after just 30secs whether something will help or not...we will show you how.
What is included?
- 6 hrs of information and practical instruction (10am to 5pm with 1hr break)
- A colour handout with pictures and room for notes and a pen
- The WODs are optional and can be scaled but we strongly suggest that everyone takes part in it as we look for how people move
- 1hr break
- Lots of practical information - come prepared to exercise and sweat a bit!
How much does this all cost?
$247.50 incl GST
What else is on offer?
- 30mins and 60mins assessment with Antony: $90 and $180 - limited spots so book in as soon as possible - Click on the "Appointments" Tab to make a booking. Be sure to choose the "Canberra" options. For more information, please visit www.physiodetective.com/bookings
- Spikey ball: $20 (please message me)
- Lacrosse ball: $7.50 (please message me)
- Foam Rollers: $30 (please message me)
- EZR: $45 - Find out more about The EZR (please message me)
Please arrive at 9.30am to allow for time to register and prepare for the seminar
CrossFit Canberra is a friendly, family owned gym that provides individual and group fitness classes in two fantastic locations, Mitchell and Fyshwick. At CrossFit Canberra, we consider ourselves one big family with a community focused attitude towards training. We cater to a variety of fitness levels from beginners just starting out in the fitness world, through to experienced athletes who are looking for that extra edge in their training.We incorporate a variety of functional movements into our daily programming to give you skills across multiple physical domains to achieve a well-rounded and inclusive style of fitness. Our programming includes a large variety of different training methods including but not limited to Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, gymnastics, kettlebell training, running, rowing, swimming, strongman and military style training.The goal is to maximise your General Physical Preparedness measured across 10 general physical domains defined by CrossFit – cardio respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, co-ordination, agility, balance and accuracy.Put simply, our aim is to get you to be the best physical version of yourself in order to tackle whatever life throws at you! Whether that includes making day-to-day tasks easier, training for specific occupational requirements, or competing in your chosen sport.
Regardless of your current fitness level, CrossFit Canberra is for everyone. We tailor our program to you, by following three simple principles:
- Mechanics: be brilliant at the basics, you always need to walk before you can run.
- Consistency: once you have the basics down pat we increase the number of reps performed over time till you can do a particular movement in your sleep.
- Intensity: once you have got 1 &2 covered, we ramp up the volume and start doing things at speed to produce power – which equals results!
If you are ready to get started or simply want to have a chat with us to find out more, click to contact us.
You can also: meet the CrossFit Canberra team.
Fitness in 100 words:
“Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.”
– Greg Glassman, Founder of CrossFit Inc.
Important Information For the Seminar:
7. Whilst the seminar strives to address your issues, it does so in a general way. We will do our best to help you with your problems but ultimately, we can't go into as much detail as a full assessment - please be understanding about that.
8. Participation is the best way to learn. I will be calling for volunteers regularly so please be ready! I usually try to ask everyone to volunteer
9. We will be taking photos and videos during the seminar. If you do not want to be photographed or videoed, please let us know. We plan to use these to help promote future seminars and educate people via my blog. Please be assured that I don't ever ridicule people or their form but often phrase it as "Here is John Smith demonstrating "
10. If you have any dietary needs, please let me know by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or SMS me at 0410 440 506
12. Please like our social media...