Lot 1/39 Milton Street
Mackay, Queensland 4740
Tel: 0412 920 194
What Is This Seminar About?
This seminar is about your Body...by the end of it, you will be much more aware of how to work these areas, strengthen and protect them!
Why Should I Come?
- You want to come to this seminar because you know you should spend your precious spare time working on your weaknesses.
- You want to know how to develop the strength and control you need to ensure you minimize the risk of injury as much as possible.You will have to stretch some muscles and joints.
- You will have to strengthen your muscles.
- You will need good control of your joints...but how do you know which ones to do? You don't have time to do them all - so which ones need work? This seminar is designed to answer that for you - how to identify your weaknesses, how to prioritize your accessory/rehab/remedial work and how to move more optimally.
- The beauty of this particular seminar is that we will make you examine your beliefs...and once they have be proven by fire or lie in tatters, we will show you the most effective way for you to develop the control and mastery over back and hips so you can progress towards your CrossFit (or any other) goals.
Who is this for?
- Anyone and everyone who does exercise, particularly for CrossFit Athletes and coaches
- All health and fitness professionals are welcome (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Coaches, etc)
What will I learn?
- How you and your health professional and coach should consider your body - as a well-oiled machine!
- Self-assessment for performance
- Mobility - what is it, why is it important and how do I get it?!
- Flexibility - what is it, why is it imporant and how do I combine it with mobility?
- Stability - what is it, why is it important and how do I combine it with mobility and Flexibility?
- Dissociation - what is it, why is it important and how does it relate to what I need to do in CrossFit?
- Injury prevention principles
- Exercises and drills on how to improve your mobility and stability for your back and hips
- How to plan your own rehab path with your health professional
- How to train with an injury and progress back to normal function
- How to overcome performance plateaus - breaking through to new Personal Bests/Records!
- Antony's thoughts, observations and experiences in treating elite athletes over the course of his career and how that applies to your training.
What is different to other seminars?
In this seminar, Antony will be outlining how you as an athlete, coach or health professional can assess and take action for your body - the more you understand about yourself and how your body works, the better able you are to take care of yourself and others.
In other seminars, they show you how to do "core" exercises to protect your back...
...this seminar includes the "why", the "how", as well as the principles of rehabilitation that Antony uses - the key difference is RESULTS - we can prove our way works!
Antony is only interested in solutions that work. We believe that for most things, you can tell after just 30secs whether something will help or not...we will show you how.
What is included?
- 4 hrs of information and practical instruction (8am to 12.30pm with 30mins break)
- A colour handout with pictures and room for notes and a pen
- The WODs are optional and can be scaled but we strongly suggest that everyone takes part in it as we look for how people move
- 30mins break
- Lots of practical information - come prepared to exercise and sweat a bit!
How much does this all cost?
$165 or $199 including Saturday's Bulletproof Your Core and Pelvic Floor Seminar
What else is on offer?
- 30mins and 60mins assessment with Antony: $90 and $180 - limited spots so book in as soon as possible - Click on the "Appointments" Tab to make a booking. Be sure to choose the "Mackay" option. For more information, please visit www.physiodetective.com/bookings
- Spikey ball: $20 (please message me)
- Lacrosse ball: $7.50 (please message me)
- Foam Rollers: $30 (please message me)
- EZR: $45 - Find out more about The EZR (please message me)
Please arrive at 7.30am to allow for time to register and prepare for the seminar
About CrossFit Mackay
CrossFit Mackay is a CrossFit training facility and licensed affiliate of CrossFit Inc. (crossfit.com). Being a licensed affiliate means that we are formally committed to achieving excellence in fitness training using the CrossFit method.If you are new to CrossFit, we will take it easy at the beginning and hold back the intensity until you get used to the training. Our experienced coaches will adapt the program to your individual needs, taking into account any injuries and your current level of fitness.The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs.Train hard, train together, get results! The training is hard and uncompromising, but you will be in the best shape of your life! The group working out together is an awesome feeling which gives out energy to you and other participants. It is a great feeling to have the support from other CrossFitters The group environment is competitive but friendly, and will push you to perform at your best.“CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program built on constantly varied, if not randomised, functional movements executed at high intensity.” - Founder Greg Glassman.
1. There is assumed knowledge - this you tube video is the first 40mins of my old seminars - if you can watch it (a slide show presentation), it will be helpful. I am working on improving it to make it easier to watch in the future 🙂 http://youtu.be/n3a3naVTxIs
2. I will be available to see people from 3.30pm after the seminar. It is $90/30mins with me. You can book 30,60 or 90mins with us. All bookings are through www.physiodetective.com/bookings- read it, go to the online diary and make yourself a login. Then just choose the "Mackay" option and go from there.
3. There will be a WOD at 8am to start the seminar. Whilst this is optional, I do recommend that you come to do it because it will let us see how you move and we can begin to pick out the people who will be good models!
4. Please be prepared to be observed. That usually means guys will often have to take their shirt off or at least wear a singlet and shorts. Girls, if you could wear a crop top or singlet with shorts, that would be great - ideally not a bra that covers the spine between your shoulder blades please. Observing other people is the best way to learn...having said that, we won't force anyone to do anything they are not comfortable doing.
5. Lunch will NOT be provided. Please bring any snacks, drinks or supplements you need. The break will be from 10-10.30am.
6. A set of colour notes will be provided and there should be pens for everyone. Please come prepared to write notes...there is a lot of information to digest and we have found that writing down the cues that worked for you is a good way of learning and working on your own plan
7. Whilst the seminar strives to address your issues, it does so in a general way. We will do our best to help you with your problems but ultimately, we can't go into as much detail as a full assessment - please be understanding about that.
8. Participation is the best way to learn. I will be calling for volunteers regularly so please be ready! I usually try to ask everyone to volunteer
9. We will be taking photos and videos during the seminar. If you do not want to be photographed or videoed, please let us know. We plan to use these to help promote future seminars and educate people via my blog. Please be assured that I don't ever ridicule people or their form but often phrase it as "Here is John Smith demonstrating "
10. If you have any dietary needs, please let me know by emailing me at email@example.com.
11. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS me at 0410 440 506
12. Please like our social media...