August 15, 2014 Leave a comment
How to “Bulletproof” Your Upper Body – 07:30 – 13:30hrs
CrossFit Western Front
1/87 Keogh St
West Ipswich QLD 4305
- This seminar is about your Upper Body…by the end of it, you will be much more aware of how to work these areas, strengthen and protect them!
- You want to come to this seminar because you know you should spend your precious spare time working on your weaknesses. You want to know how to develop the strength and control you need to ensure you minimize the risk of injury as much as possible.
- You will have to stretch some muscles and joints. You will have to strengthen your muscles. You will need good control of your joints…but how do you know which ones to do? You don’t have time to do them all – so which ones need work? This seminar is designed to answer that for you – how to identify your weaknesses, how to prioritize your accessory/rehab/remedial work and how to move more optimally.
- The beauty of this particular seminar is that we will make you examine your beliefs…and once they have be proven by fire or lie in tatters, we will show you the most effective way for you to develop the control and mastery over back and hips so you can progress towards your CrossFit (or any other) goals.
Who is this for?
- Anyone and everyone who does exercise, particularly for CrossFit Athletes and coaches
- All health and fitness professionals are welcome (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Coaches, etc)
What will I learn?
- How you and your health professional and coach should consider your body – as a well-oiled machine!
- Self-assessment for performance
- Mobility – what is it, why is it important and how do I get it?!
- Flexibility – what is it, why is it important and how do I combine it with mobility?
- Stability – what is it, why is it important and how do I combine it with mobility and Flexibility?
- Dissociation – what is it, why is it important and how does it relate to what I need to do in CrossFit?
- Injury prevention principles
- Exercises and drills on how to improve your mobility and stability for your upper body
- How to plan your own rehab path with your health professional
- How to train with an injury and progress back to normal function
- How to overcome performance plateaus – breaking through to new Personal Bests/Records!
- Antony’s thoughts, observations and experiences in treating elite athletes over the course of his career and how that applies to your training.
What is different to other seminars?
In this seminar, Antony will be outlining how you as an athlete, coach or health professional can assess and take action for your upper body – the more you understand about yourself and how your upper body works, the better able you are to take care of yourself and others.
In other seminars, they show you how to do “core” exercises to protect your back…
…this seminar includes the “why”, the “how”, as well as the principles of rehabilitation that Antony uses – the key difference is RESULTS – we can prove our way works!
Antony and Lana are only interested in solutions that work. We believe that for most things, you can tell after just 30secs whether something will help or not…we will show you how.
What is included?
- 4 hrs of information and practical instruction (7.30am registration, 8am to 12.30pm with a 30mins break and lunch at 12.30pm)
- A colour handout with pictures and room for notes and a pen
- 1hr lunch break – Healthy food will be supplied and is included in the price
- Lots of practical information – come prepared to exercise and sweat a bit!
How much does this all cost?
- AUD$165 (including lunch)
What else is on offer?
- 30mins and 60mins assessment with Antony: $90 and $180 – limited spots so book in as soon as possible – Click on the “Appointments” Tab to make a booking. Be sure to choose the “CFWF – Ipswich QLD” option. For more information, please visit
- Spikey ball: $20
- Lacrosse ball: $7.50
- Foam Rollers: $30
- EZR: $45 – Find out more about The EZR at www.theezr.com – Limited stock will be brought to the seminar
Please arrive at 7.30am to allow for time to register and prepare for the seminar
About CrossFit Western Front
Taken from http://www.crossfitwesternfront.com/about-us/
CrossFit Western Front is a licensed affiliate of CrossFit HQ running out of North Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. We are located at 9 The Terrace, North Ipswich, 4305 in a 500 square-metre facility that is completely designed and devoted to delivering the CrossFit method.
Our Vision is to develop individuals to reach an elite level of fitness. Our training methods produce undisputed, real results for all levels of fitness from housewives to professional athletes to our grandparents, our servicemen and women and everyone in between.
What does elite mean for me?
The word elite, is different for every individual that walks through our doors. For everyone, however, it means becoming the best version of themselves they may be. Whether that be to compete at the highest level of their sport, be the absolute best at their job or be the best parent/grandparent they can be. Give us your reason, and we will make you elite.
What is CrossFit?
Our program combines the most effective training methods including weightlifting, gymnastics, and monostructural movements such as running, rowing and skipping. There isnt a strength and conditioning program anywhere that utilises a greater diversity of equipment, modalities and movements.
Our workouts revolve around executing constantly varied functional movements at high intensity and focus on developing all facets of fitness:
This provides you with an unmatched, holistic level of fitness which will prepare you for anything life throws in your way! You may be used to a steady weights session made up of isolation movements, followed by a 30 min jog on the treadmill for “cardio”, but life doesn’t allow for routine, and it certainly doesn’t distinguish between weights and cardio, so why not train to be ready for anything?!
Is it true that everyone does the same workout?
Absolutely! Every one of our athletes perform the same workout each day, however, we ensure that this is tailored to each individual to suit their needs, experience level and goals. CrossFit is universally scalable, meaning that the load and intensity of any given workout is determined by an individual’s fitness level, whilst maintaining the stimulus of the intended movement. We have discovered that scaling whilst maintaining the stimulus and intensity suitable for any given athlete will allow for physiological and neurological adaptations for everyone, not just the “fittest” athletes. This means that everyone gets results!
Will I enjoy it?
CrossFit is fun! By avoiding routine and covering as broad a range of movements and modalities as possible, we avoid the boredom or plateaus usually associated with standard gyms and exercise regimes. This means that every day is a fresh new day, and will present you with new and exciting challenges, which in turn will keep you focused on achieving your goals.
We believe in the CrossFit method, and the evidence is in the results it delivers. It will change the way you think about training, eating and how to approach day-to-day life, and will introduce you to a version of yourself that you never thought was possible.
We can’t wait to see you in the box!
Owner & three-time Reebok CrossFit Games athlete
1. There is assumed knowledge – this you tube video is the first 40mins of my old seminars – if you can watch it (a slide show presentation), it will be helpful. I am working on improving it to make it easier to watch in the future :) http://youtu.be/n3a3naVTxIs
2. I will be available to see people from 3.30pm after the seminar. It is $90/30mins. You can book 30, 60 or 90mins with me. All bookings are through www.physiodetective.com/bookings- read it, go to the online diary and make yourself a login. Then just choose the Physio (CFWF – Ipswich QLD) option and go from there.
3. There will be a WOD at 1.30pm to start the seminar. Whilst this is optional, I do recommend that you come to do it because it will let Lana and I see how you move and we can begin to pick out the people who will be good models!
4. Please be prepared to be observed. That usually means guys will often have to take their shirt off or at least wear a singlet and shorts. Girls, if you could wear a crop top or singlet with shorts, that would be great – ideally not a bra that covers the spine between your shoulder blades please. Observing other people is the best way to learn…having said that, we won’t force anyone to do anything they are not comfortable doing.
5. Lunch will be provided. Please bring any snacks, drinks or supplements you need. Lunch will be from 12.30-1.30pm.
6. A set of colour notes will be provided and there should be pens for everyone. Please come prepared to write notes…there is a lot of information to digest and we have found that writing down the cues that worked for you is a good way of learning and working on your own plan
7. Whilst the seminar strives to address your issues, it does so in a general way. We will do our best to help you with your problems but ultimately, we can’t go into as much detail as a full assessment – please be understanding about that.
8. Participation is the best way to learn. I will be calling for volunteers regularly so please be ready! I usually try to ask everyone to volunteer
9. We will be taking photos and videos during the seminar. If you do not want to be photographed or videoed, please let us know. We plan to use these to help promote future seminars and educate people via my blog. Please be assured that I don’t ever ridicule people or their form but often phrase it as “Here is John Smith demonstrating “
10. If you have any dietary needs, please let me know by emailing me via the contact form.
11. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the contact form or SMS me at 0410 440 506
12. Please like our social media…